Monday 30 July 2012

Long Time No Speak..

4:15am..

I decided I was done with updating this blog a long time ago, but it's 4.15am here and I'm bored with nothing much else to do. I guess a lot has happened since my last few entries, I'm not going to go through everything, but I'm currently playing 25nl on Stars. I've played about 100k hands in about 5 weeks and it's going ok I guess. As expected really, I'm up enough to be satisfied that I'm good in these games but I've played like a monkey at times and I'm far from happy with my overall standard of play.

Tilt has only reared it's head a couple of times and that was mostly at the beginning. It's been really nice to run above ev for once, that's probably a big reason why tilt hasn't materialized so much. Anyway, I'm quite happy at 25nl, I might decide to move up to 50nl if I can plug some leaks and make a lot less errors. I'm not sure if it's even worth it yet, I guess I'll do it when I've got a bigger sample with hopefully a bigger wr in the future. Here's 25nl since around the 25th June:


+$100 in Stella awards
+$150 (approx) in fpps

So I guess it's +$1,550 for the last 5 weeks.

Only $775 for me personally though since I'm 50/50 with the staking group.

It'll be nice to have $2k+ months playing 25nl on my own in the future. I guess it's doable in the months I run well. I could've played more hands for sure, I've been somewhat lazy again, this will change from September though.

I'm not planning to cash in the vpps until I hit Platinum, which will likely be sometime in September with the Olympics holding up my progress for next month.

I'm fairly pleased with the results, but I can honestly say that I haven't been happy with my play after pretty much any session this month, every session I won I thought I could've won more, and every losing session was exaggerated by my own poor play. I only had one session where nothing went right and I ran into a bunch of coolers which is rare for over 100k hands. So I've actually run really, really well, which is why I think I need a bigger sample of hands for moving up.

I've been lazy in the last few days of this month, I wanted to get Platinum but I just couldn't be bothered to play much more, even though I only needed about 6k hands/day over the last few days, which would be fairly easy. The Olympics started over here a few days ago so I've been kinda getting into that. Any excuse not to play, haha. I'll probably use that excuse for the next couple of weeks until it finishes and then I'll look to get back on the hard grind I guess.

I'm actually being staked for this 25nl period, I need to play another 140k hands to complete that stake. I only did it for the coaching offered but I'm not sure it's worth it to keep with it. I guess I was expecting more from stories other staked players have shared with me in the past. It sounded like it was a good way to progress to higher limits, but the kind of attention on my game I'd hoped for hasn't happened. The stable is much bigger than I was expecting, and they mostly have tourney players with just a handful of cash game guys. It seems like we're almost like an after thought. I just expected too much, and had unrealistic expectations probably. It's probably quite standard, not their fault at all.

I would never take a stake to play such small games if I didn't think I was going to get a lot of coaching etc. I pretty much knew I was going to be a decent winner at 25nl. I suppose it has helped because I've been playing a lot lower over the last 6 months or so, I've turned into the biggest broll nit ever for some reason (must have something to do with getting older, haha), so at least it got me playing a stake that matches my ability, I'd probably have jumped back down to like 2nl after the first $100 swing, haha. That fearlessness of youth has deserted me over the last couple of years for sure.

I'm not sure when I'll continue with the updates yet, perhaps I'll do one at the end of every month with an entry or two here and there throughout the month. Don't hold me to that though. It'll be nice to do a synopsis for each month with end totals etc. Maybe I will, maybe I won't.

I'd like to just erase most of the entries in this blog to this point tbh. It reads really badly, and it's a little embarrassing reading through some of those entries. I really suck at goals, and I change my mind constantly about what game I'm going to play, there's qutie a bit of random stuff that was just in my head at the time of writing too. I'm gonna stop and think about what I want to write from now on, and not just put down what's on my mind at that very moment, like some kind of disturbed mental patient writing on a wall with his own shit!

So, no more goals, no more disturbia and no more promises of updates, I'll just write up a monthly report if I'm up for doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment